Friday, January 14, 2011

Wonky-Wonks

So......I'm visiting with Mom at the ALF....

And I comment to her casually during the visit, "Everyone's so nice here Mom. Have you noticed how nice everyone is?"

And she says to me, "Yeeeees. But the people who run this place are a bunch of wonky-wonks."

And I think to myself, "Wonky-wonks? Wonky-wonks!? What the hell is a wonky-wonk? And more importantly, from where in my mother's plaqued and tangled brain did she retrieve a term like wonky-wonks? Does that term even exist?" (It doesn't. At least, not per se. I looked it up. "Wonky," yes. "wonky-wonks," no.)

Anyway........I'm putting "wonky-wonks" right up there with "shenanigans" and "red hot poker", on list entitled "Bizarre Words and Terms My Mom Says Randomly and For No Apparent Reason."

Wonky-wonk, wonky-wonk, wonky-wonk, wonky-wonk. Say it enough times, it makes you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment