Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sushi

The newest key to my dad's heart is apparently sushi. Exhibit A: Today's trip to Central Market where we purchased sushi for tonight's dinner.
Dad went to bed over an hour ago. But I'm guessing he just couldn't settle into the sheets without wheeling back into my room (at the other end of the house mind you) to tell me, "The next time we go to Central Market, let's get mackerel and tuna sushi."
"Okay Dad."
[Pause while Dad just stands there with a big ole grin on his face.] "Okay!" [Another pause. More grinning.] "And, let's go back soon!"
"Okay Dad" as I note my father's enthusiasm to return to Poulsbo NOT to see Mom, but........to get sushi.
[He turns and goes back to his room. Still grinning.] "Okay! Good night!"
Sushi. I have to admit, I'm not sure how I feel about my father's inner priority list...

No comments:

Post a Comment