Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So, back to the Christmas approacheth thing...

Yeah, so anyway, Christmas is the day after tomorrow. I'm cooking. I always cook. I love to cook. It's very therapeutic. It occupies me, gives me something to do. And there's something especially rewarding about cooking for my father. My father is 92 years old. He has this unsatiable thirst for life. He reads the newspaper every day, without fail. He also reads every single page of his Time magazine. Keep in mind, my father only has one good eye. But he is better informed about international and national events than the average Joe or Josephine. And as much as he loves reading and keeping abreast of the news, he absolutely adores food. I've never seen or known anybody who relishes (so to speak) food like my father. With my father, I can experiment with new recipes and food combinations without fear. A particular food dish would have to be pretty bad for my dad NOT to like it. So I'm cooking for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment