Monday, November 29, 2010

She's Back

The Mom of Monday morning is a welcomed relief from the Mom of last week. Both Dad and I are buoyed at not having to put out any Mom-fires this morning.
Dad has a hearing-aid appointment at 12:30 today. Mom says she wants to come along.
Great!
Mom asks me to come in and help her pick out something to wear.
Great!
I tell her I'll be in as soon as I finish what I'm doing (which, I kid you not, was writing the previous blog).
Great!
I try to wrap up the blog post. No more than two minutes pass. And yet.......it comes. The anxious breathing from the next room. The random whimpers.
Great.
I keeping tapping away ferociously on the keyboard so I can get into Mom's room before the anxiety that seems to be mounting completely takes her over and ruins what is, so far, a really, really good day.
Too late. Two minutes was clearly too much time.
I post the blog.
I turn to get out of my office chair.
And there she is, standing in my doorway, clothed in only a Depends (Large/Moderate Absorbency), her hip brace, her shoes, and her foot brace. Oh yeah, and her walker.
"Did.......yyyyyyyyou..........forget.......meeee?"
Damn those aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment