Monday, November 29, 2010

Every Morning's Another Day...Or Another Mother

"When what to my wondering eyes should appear"............(when I came in to Mom's bedroom at 9am to see if she was still asleep).....but my mother, propped comfortably, contentedly even, up in her bed, glasses on, reading the new Julie Andrews book (which has been lying on Mom's bed, unread, untouched, and ignored for months).
I stopped in the doorway. I mean, imagine my surprise. Every morning for the past week, Mom's morning has begun with confusion, anxiety, and incoherence. The woman lying so casually on her bed now, was.....well, it was a little odd to see.
Mom looked up briefly from her book and said casually to me (normally....as if this is how she starts every morning), "Well good morning! How are you?"
So.....my question is.........what devious alien kidnapped my dementia-ridden mother during the night and replaced her with a lucid one?
And.......can I keep this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment