Monday, April 26, 2010

Thank you Isaac Stern

"Isaac Stern!"
Dad burst into my office this morning singing (and doing a little Tevyah jig) "Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match...." then suddenly interjected, with incredible gusto, right arm raised like the Statue of Liberty, "Isaac Stern!" It actually scared me a little.
"Wha.....!?" I started to say as I whirled around in my chair.
"Isaac Stern!" Dad shouted again. "The greatest violinist in the world!"
"Okay...." I said, hesitant to do anything else but agree.
Then Dad went on, "Fiddler on the Roof was on last night. GREAT movie! GREAT 'choragraphy', GREAT score, GREAT lyrics! GREAT movie!" Big ole' grin on his face (look at the new pic of Dad that I posted last night. It's the same grin.)
Then Dad turned around and Tevyah-ed out the door. "Yah-tah-tah-tah, dee-dee-dah-dah...."
So much for shortness of breath. Isaac Stern and Tevyah have apparently given Dad a second wind.

1 comment:

  1. I shouldn't laugh this hard at your poor mom, but OMG! tears still rolling down my face - it was so good to see you the other night! xxo

    ReplyDelete