Friday, May 4, 2012

Away From The Place That Aches



Away From The Place That Aches
5 May 2012

Two weeks ago today.
Thrust into a place where the only air I breathed,
Was born from a loss I had never known before.
Where the ache was everywhere.
Every second.
Every day.
Fresh.
Raw.
Paralyzing.
Where leaving that place,
Seemed an impossible, unworthy, task.

The Place That Aches found distance.
Returning,
Leaving,
Unannounced.
Six,
Then four,
Then three times a day.

Now,
I choose when to breathe the air in that place.
I sit,
And think,
And remember,
Until the memories take me there again.
And I settle into it,
Let it wrap its tendrils around my grieving heart.
Then,
I unclasp the ache,
Look for fresher air to breathe,
And move away from The Place That Aches…

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Deefer. This is so beautiful. Thank you...

    Love, Cons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this, so close, father and mother both, now I"m a member of the adult orphans club. Blessings on you as you move through this time in your life.
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly an inspiring peace. It takes great amount of strength to move on from the things that have caused us great pain. I admire your strength. Time heals all wounds as they say

    ReplyDelete